As follows is shown how to deploy and test a cluster which uses MPICH as library for supporting message passing paradigm.
The process is divided in four steps (each step is accompanied by a video where a description of the each step is presented) and a final step where the up and running cluster is presented.
- Creating/installing the operating system(OPTIONAL). http://showterm.io/d10fc998748cc57cf3eb6
- Vagrant is the tool used to rapid provision of virtual machines. http://www.vagrantup.com
- The Vagrantfile used to deploy the machines in this demo is located in this github repository, directory cluster.
- Este archivo crea tres máquinas virtuales (un nodo maestro y dos nodos de procesamiento).
- Preparing virtual machines for accepting chef recipes. http://showterm.io/b3591039c559e34f4798a
- To run the chef recipes is necessary that each machine where the provision process will be run has a user having root privileges with no password when the sudo command is invoked.
- knife-solo command needs to be installed in the machine where the provisioning process will be run (e.g. gem install knife-solo).
- Scripts used in this video can be downloaded from here.
- Tailoring the configuration for your particular needs. http://showterm.io/3c9a596c2fa39ddf3a402
- Two python scripts and one bash script were written at this time to tailor the configuration for this demo however the scripts can be used in your own test environment
- The files can be obtained from this github repository
- Provisioning the cluster. http://showterm.io/9fee9e1fc5f8e19192698
- Using the cluster. http://showterm.io/f5cbb251b2c37cee19e8d